Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

One Fantastic Classic

Who doesn't love a warm, fresh chocolate chip cookie? But why not add a little bit of pizazz to them? Add some oatmeal! I have using this recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies for a while now and they are always a hit! Be careful, though. These are hard to stay away from, trust me. 

These are delicious on  any day of the year. I usually make them when I need a quick and easy recipe that will make a lot if I need it to. It's just as easy as the regular chocolate chip recipe, only with a few more ingredients. 


OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (✭✭✭✭✭)

You will need:

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder (optional- I like how they taste extra chocolatey!)

2 cups oats
2 cups chocolate chips (I just add the whole bag.)

An electric mixer makes the process a lot easier, by the way. It saves a good amount of time and effort.


Step 1
Just like every other baking recipe, you have to preheat your oven. I set mine on convection at 325º. If your oven does not have a convection setting, set the temperature to 350º.


Step 2
Soften the two sticks of butter. On my microwave it takes about 15 seconds. Don't melt it, just soften it. With liquid butter, the dough will not turn out to be its normal consistency. Cream the butter and two sugars together.

Step 3
Add the vanilla and eggs to the mixture. Make sure you mix well!

Step 4
Add the dry ingredients- salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, and cocoa powder if you choose to do so. Again, mix well, but not too fast if you are using a mixer. The ingredients will get EVERYWHERE! It's not fun. 

Step 5
Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Again, don't mix it too quickly. 


Step 6
Use a tablespoon to shape the dough and place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet. With the tablespoon, the cookies will be sure to stay the same size as you shape them. If you have a cookie dough scooper, you can use that as well.


Step 7
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes on convection or 10-12 minutes on a regular setting. I like my cookies on the softer side, so I usually cook them for only eight minutes. Setting your oven to convection will cook the cookies more evenly. That way, the bottoms won't burn as easily!



MMMMMM... There's nothing better than warm cookies with a cool glass of milk! Happy baking!



ANOTHER TIP FOR AWESOME CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
I learned that adding instant vanilla pudding to the recipe will make your chocolate chip cookies taste better and look better, too. I've tried this before and it definitely worked! I don't know what that pudding does exactly, but it works wonders. You can find the recipe for these cookies here


(Sorry about the quality of these photos. The lighting in our kitchen is a little bit weird. Don't worry, the cookies look a lot better in person.)

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the yumminess of these cookies! They are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete